Locked by user

tejateja Member Posts: 78
Hai experts,

Iam working navision native database 4.0sp3 the problem is the multipule users are posting from Sales Oder. The POP Window is showing that , One Particulat table is Locked by one of Our users..

Becoz of this , the time is getting delayed for more than 5-10 min..
Please suggest me how to rectify this one....OR how to Increase the perfromace by regrading the Delaying time....

Thanks & Regards....

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    I have also faced this issue.
    I switched over to SQL database and this error was corrected.
    This may be because native database uses table level locking and in SQL, a record level locking is available.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    teja wrote:
    Hai experts,

Iam working navision native database 4.0sp3 the problem is the multipule users are posting from Sales Oder. The POP Window is showing that , One Particulat table is Locked by one of Our users..

Becoz of this , the time is getting delayed for more than 5-10 min..
    Please suggest me how to rectify this one....OR how to Increase the perfromace by regrading the Delaying time....

Thanks & Regards....

Main reason is performance... you need to check server health and DB setup. Check long running commands etc. Your mission is to make the posting as fast as possible...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    the first bottleneck can be the server hardware and the databasebuild (one big file ore many files on different drives) and a other can be your, if you have it, customization. so check, why you have blocks and why the posting is so slow. thats now your work.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!