Performance slow for Data Transfer Tool

AlagarAlagar Member Posts: 100
Dear All,
Is there Any tool to transfer Data from one database to another Database?. I have found one Data transfer tool in mibuso.But its taking
too much time to transfer for one table. is there any tool to transfer fastly?.pls help me...

Regards,

Alagar.

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    native or SQL?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    transfer the whole database?
    or
    one or some tables only?
    Are the tables huge?
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Hi,

I've noticed the same when trying to transfer many big tables in one file.

I think it is some client problem, probably ineficcient memory management. Similar problem appears when you try to work with temptable with more that 10k records inserted, even without touching the database.

The only one workaround I've found is to divide the file into smaller chunks.

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
    why you are not using SSIS on SQL when u use a sql database :?:
    It's faster then dataport
    garak wrote:
    Because it is much simpler and faster to export the text file using Data Transfer Tool ? Because it is much simpler to prepare and transfer data from many tables in one file ? Because it is NAV level tool with quite nice an simple interface which doesn't require any programming ? Because it allows you to transfer data between tables with different fields without any programming ? Because you don't need to know anything about SSIS ? Because you can easilly modify the tool to get NAV level data validation, which is impossible in SSIS ?

Feel free to choose your own 'because' from the above list :)

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
  • azerty74azerty74 Member Posts: 82
    Because it is much simpler and faster to export the text file using Data Transfer Tool ? Because it is much simpler to prepare and transfer data from many tables in one file ? Because it is NAV level tool with quite nice an simple interface which doesn't require any programming ? Because it allows you to transfer data between tables with different fields without any programming ? Because you don't need to know anything about SSIS ? Because you can easilly modify the tool to get NAV level data validation, which is impossible in SSIS ?
    Regards,
    Slawek

Well, if that tool is so great, why are people complaining then ? !

SSIS requires a little bit of knowledge of SQL, but is very easy to learn, and executes very fast...
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing code. Therefore if you write the code as cleverly as possible you are by definition not smart enough to debug it.
    to transfer datas from Database A to Database B,C,D, etc. i would use SSIS or, if the data are permanent requ., replication
    edited 2008-07-14
    azerty74 wrote:
    Well, if that tool is so great, why are people complaining then ? !

SSIS requires a little bit of knowledge of SQL, but is very easy to learn, and executes very fast...
    Well. of course you *may* buy a truck to drive 3 km from your home to the office and carry your laptop with you.

It is totally up to you...

BTW Perhaps you can tell me how to obtain NAV level data validation when transferring data using SSIS packages...

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
  • AlagarAlagar Member Posts: 100
    Dear All,
    Its a Native DB only. it has 6 company. I want to transfer Datas from one DB to another DB companywise.
  • defiant701defiant701 Member Posts: 79
    garak wrote:

Regards,
    Slawek

Well did you ever use OLE DB connections with SSIS???
    With proper connection and hardware your exports get slowly service temperature when you are above 1 million data records.

BR
    defiant701
    Debuggers don't remove bugs, they only show them in slow-motion

LinkedIn
    XING