Automatic install of Navision

Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
Hi all;

I am struggling a little with automatically installing Navision to all clients within the domain without having to go to each individual pc ](*,) ](*,)

I have got so far with using the MSI file in a GPO script (on computer startup). This is what I have:

File 1 runs this:
"\\ath03\software$\Navision\Client\ISScript8.Msi" /qr
File 2 runs this:
"\\ath03\software$\Navision\Client\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision 4.0 SP1.msi" INSTLEVEL=10 /qr

NOW...

2 main questions (although I am sure this will prompt a few more ?)

Question 1:
what are the various "INSTLEVEL" options when using a script install and what does each option install.

Question 2:
As these are MSI files, shouldn't I be doing the Software install and does anyone know the options for this one too ?

Anyone ??

Thanks in advance

Dean.
Remember: Keep it simple

Comments

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    These are specific to Windows domain. You're better off asking a MCSE or MCSA...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • TrippyZTrippyZ Member Posts: 87
    I don't understand why you are using a startup script, this should be done in group policy 'software installation services' facility.

See http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsse ... x?mfr=true
    Professional Navision Developer
  • Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    Software roll out using the "Software Installation services" of the GPO was my first attempt, but I didn't know the switches for the installation type that I wanted :(

Taking it one step further then, does anyone know the switches for Silent install, custom with no sample database etc using this method ?

Thanks in advance

Dean :)
    Remember: Keep it simple
  • PureHeartPureHeart Member Posts: 190
    Hi Dean,

Have you had any luck on that? Have you managed to use the GPO with the correct settings for the silent install of Navision?

Cheers
    Why don't you try my compare tool?
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1123