How can we do Data common to all companies?

AlagarAlagar Member Posts: 100
Dear all,
I have 4 companies in 4.0 Sp3 DB. I want to make some table records to common for all companies.So i have changed Table property
Data per company. Its working fine. Can anybody tell is this right way to common to all companies?. What r the problems will come?... I have changed this property to Some master tables only...
Please give me solutions for this.... :-k :-k :-k

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Search the forum. The topic has been discussed innumerable times.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • azerty74azerty74 Member Posts: 82
    Although changing the property is very easy, this could have big and dangerous consequences !

For example if you would change the property on the Item table and you are working with more then 1 company, you will experience many problems calculating inventory, costs,...

Be carefull changing this property and start with an analysis of the impact. And before making this kind of change on a prod environment be sure you have tested is thouroughly on a test environment...
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing code. Therefore if you write the code as cleverly as possible you are by definition not smart enough to debug it.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Alagar wrote:
    Dear all,
    I have 4 companies in 4.0 Sp3 DB. I want to make some table records to common for all companies.So i have changed Table property
    Data per company. Its working fine. Can anybody tell is this right way to common to all companies?. What r the problems will come?... I have changed this property to Some master tables only...
    Please give me solutions for this.... :-k :-k :-k

Do you mean some mater tables that you have created, or standard NAV master tables. Don't change them in Standard NAV unless you really are 120% sure you know what you are doing.

If you have created your own new Master tables, then fine, just make sure to program around this. Also make sure they are handled correctly in your failure recovery process.
    David Singleton
  • AlagarAlagar Member Posts: 100
    Dear all,
    Thanks for your kind information..