VAT change - Portugal

sharkshark Member Posts: 50
Hi all

VAT rate will change in Portugal from 21% to 20%
Besides creating a new VAT code and changing the customer, vendor and products cards, do you know of any tool to help with this change?
I've looked into another post where it was mentioned a tool for a similiar change in Germany, some time ago...

Thanks!!

Comments

• vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    Can't you just change the % in the actual VAT posting setup matrix?

Then you still have an issue on the open order lines...The VAT % only changes on revalidate of the item,...but then the prices are recalculated (so what if manually changed prices,...)

Sounds like fun to me!
    sorry, don't know about a tool :roll:
  • sharkshark Member Posts: 50
    hi

That's the problem.. for open orders, such as purchase orders, some invoices will be dated june and VAT will be 21% and some will be dated july, VAT 20%.. and the posting group will already be in the tables.
    In some applications, VAT setup will have different "valid from dates" and then we can say that from a certain date onward, VAT will be 20%. Any postings made before that date VAT will be calclated at 21% and after at 21%, with no need to change the code.. alas, this is not the case with NAV.. :( thanks, anyway!
  • albert_1982albert_1982 Member Posts: 33
    Hi shark.

I´ve the same problem. Have you found any solution?

Thanks.
  • TrippyZTrippyZ Member Posts: 87
    To avoid having to update various tables you could just update the rate in the VAT Posting Setup everytime you do a posting.

Then, using date filters, only post the before records, change rate, then post the after records.

I recall that the vat rate in the journal table IS updated during the posting process, so this should work.

In the UK, it is usually (but not always) the invoice point that is important regarding the rate change, so the transitional fiddling shouldn't last for too long.
    Professional Navision Developer
  • albert_1982albert_1982 Member Posts: 33
    Do you know if we can use the same tool? Or we have to wait something similar released for Portugal?

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... vat+change

I´ve download it to take a look at the report code.

Thanks.