Delimeter

chadchad Member Posts: 25
Hi fellow developers!

I created a dataport to export my tables into a text file. I need to fomat the data inside the text file without the fieldstartdelimeter and fieldenddelimeter to be blank, I tried to modifiy it and make it blank in the properties but it still make it <> like this. Is there a way to solve it thru coding?

Thanks!

Comments

• jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    Try to put <None>
    Rgds,

Jon.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Another good advice : try to avoid the comma-separated files.
    A lot of times (specially for importing) there are comma's inside the text. These can mix up the formatting.

It is better to use the tab. To use it put property FieldSeparator=<TAB>

Also MS Excel has no problems with this format.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    So what is the delimiter? Or is this a fixed lenght file? If so, then set FileFormat to Fixed
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    When working with dataports I usually set the field start and end delimiters to <None>, and the field separator to <TAB>. You can find out how these work in the C/SIDE Reference guide under the help menu.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Oh and it is case sensitive. NAV will not recognize <none> or <tab>, but it will recognize <None> or ,<TAB>
  • chadchad Member Posts: 25
    Thx guys it works on <None>.. :) i also tried the other way of exporting data thru create file... Cheers!
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    i use "variable" file legth and FieldStartEnd = <None>. As Field seperator <TAB> or ^ or °.
    Do you make it right, it works too!