Subform Update

einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
Hello,

I've got two questions concerning the problem in this topic http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7015.

1. Why should I use a function on the subform? I mean it is possible to use only CurrForm.UPDATE on the field in the main form to refresh the fields in the subform. So, what is the problem with that solution?

2. In the first release of Navision 3.70 the fields are automatically refreshed. And I tested it for 3.60, it works too. When I go back to 2.60F it doesn't work, so I need the solution described in Tips & Tricks. From 3.70B on it is the same. I don't have tested 3.10, but I think it won't work. So, why did Microsoft give a solution for that problem and remove it later again?

If you have got this problem with many fields in many forms, it's hard to explain it to the user why he should dispense with a function that worked in a former version. For normal you will have lots of effort and nobody will pay for it.

Kind regards
"Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    You also can use the CurrForm.UPDATE(...). But this ALSO updates the main form. Maybe it is something you DON'T want.
    And also for performance : why refresh data that you know is up-to-date?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    So, that's the only reason? Ok, that's not so bad.

What about the 2nd question? Does anybody know why Microsoft did that? I mean, is it a RE-bug or were there problems so Microsoft had to go back to the former solution?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    While they are hotfixing bugs, they are already developping the next version of Navision (this is also true for other software).
    Because of this, it can happen that a bug fixed by a hotfix is NOT applied to the next version because the new-version-team didn't know it, they forgot it, ...
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!