Have only one Customer table and use it in several companies

chinagiantchinagiant Member Posts: 21
Hi!

I want to create my customers (Name, Address, ...) only once, but I want to use them in several companies. I don't want to go to 5 or 10 companies and create all the same customer with the same data again.

And I have heard that "Data per Company" should not be used!?!? So how can I do that?

I also want to do it for some more tables like Vendor and Item.

Maybe this question was already asked, but the search function did not help me a lot. Is there a topic there this is already described in detail (for Navision dummies) or maybe some website/blog?

Regards
chinagiant

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    The question has been asked more than once.
    If you search the forum on "datapercompany" you will find a lot of posts.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    Hi,

You just have to select "No" in properties "Data per company". When change this properties table must be empty or data can bo only in one company (nav share it beeteen all companies).

Regards
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    JedrzejT wrote:
    Hi,

You just have to select "No" in properties "Data per company". When change this properties table must be empty or data can bo only in one company (nav share it beeteen all companies).

Regards
    True, but read all topics on it. There can be hidden problems if you do it. Or things you should know before doing it and to avoid BIG problems.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• leugimleugim Member Posts: 93
    chinagiant wrote:
    Hi!

I want to create my customers (Name, Address, ...) only once, but I want to use them in several companies. I don't want to go to 5 or 10 companies and create all the same customer with the same data again.

And I have heard that "Data per Company" should not be used!?!? So how can I do that?

I also want to do it for some more tables like Vendor and Item.

Maybe this question was already asked, but the search function did not help me a lot. Is there a topic there this is already described in detail (for Navision dummies) or maybe some website/blog?

Regards
    chinagiant

sure this hint was discussed before...

changing DataPerCompany to No can be useful just in those cases you don't want to repeat data again and again through several companies. you must be sure which tables to share, and of course, you must be careful using this property, because once changed, it's hard to return back the table property to previous un-share state.

regards
    One of our clients has a customer table shared by all companies in the database. This has been done by changing the datapercompany property, as described above. This works fine, but we've added code so that customers can only be created in one of the companies. The reason for this is to keep the customer no. series in sync.