ADCS - Live and Test Installations On Same Server

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

I ideally want to setup ADCS for both live and test environments on the same server. I have successfully setup 2 Navision Database Services and 2 NAS Services, but I've come to the VT100 plugin and wonder if it's possible to have 2 of these? Or if not, is it easy to change which NAS the plugin is connected to?

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Comments

• Jorge_Torres_[MSFT]Jorge_Torres_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 29
    It is not possible to have 2 VT100 services on the same machine. Mostly the problem would be that they would read the same registry key for configuration.

You can try playing with the RequestPortNumber to change which port number the VT100 will use to connect to, or on my recent verstions, try with the SocketServerName registry key.

You can read more details on the 5.00 w1w1InstADCS.pdf, which is the latest version of this document (5.00 SP1 CD contains an older version of this document).
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    You could try a virtual PC for your test environment. Microsoft kindly supplies the latest version for free - OS not included.