EDI Questions

headley27headley27 Member Posts: 188
I am currently evaluating if EDI is worthwhile for our business.

At a minimum, would someone be able to say 'EDI will cost at least x dollars to implement'? I don't have a clue what the most basic of implementations would cost.

We need the following transaction sets 810, 830, 846, 850, 855, 856, 860, 865, 867, 997.

Is this something that is feasible through custom code or is a full-fledged EDI add-on required (i.e. Lanham)?

I also assume that an agreement with a VAN is also necessary (at least this is what I remember from our pre-Nav days) or have things changed?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    You must use BizTalk or Lanham add-on. Biztalk it’s more complex to implement.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    nunomaia wrote:
    You must use BizTalk or Lanham add-on. Biztalk it’s more complex to implement.

& Much more expensive. We use Lanham's & it wasn't a budget buster
  • headley27headley27 Member Posts: 188
    OK.....so I can't just use custom code.....I have to by an add-in.

Is there a minimum I would expect to pay? For example....'there is no way you could implement basic EDI for less than $XXXXX USD'.

I realize that this is a tough question, but I just don't want to waste a bunch of time investigating if the basic start-up cost would be too high.

Thanks again. :)
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    You could use customer code if your really good at it and know what you're doing. I mean the add-on solutions are just code.

The price should as simple as asking your partner for the price.