Upgrade from 4.0sp1 to 4.0sp3

shivaprasad263shivaprasad263 Member Posts: 70
Hi

Now Clinet using 4.0sp1.He Wants to run navision on Vista O.S. So planning to upgrade to 4.0sp3.

Please clarify my doubts

1. How can I get the objects list changes from sp1 to sp2 and sp2 to sp3 in excel format (word file "ChangesInNAV4.0SP3" is available in 4.0sp3 disk. But to list out all objects in one place is difficult)

2. What is the best process to upgrade from sp1 to sp3 ?

Thanks,
Prasad

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    If you are only doing this to run under Vista then you only need to upgrade the client programs. Upgrading the objects is not required.

On second thought, if you are going to spend the time, might as well go all the way to 5.0 SP1.

If you do plan to upgrade objects then see the Upgrade Toolkit and follow the directions.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • shivaprasad263shivaprasad263 Member Posts: 70
    bbrown wrote:
    If you are only doing this to run under Vista then you only need to upgrade the client programs. Upgrading the objects is not required.

On second thought, if you are going to spend the time, might as well go all the way to 5.0 SP1.

If you do plan to upgrade objects then see the Upgrade Toolkit and follow the directions.

Thank you bbrown,

Can you please explain little bit more about upgrade client programs.
    (Do you mean opening client sp1 database with sp3 fin, after installing sp3 at client system)

My concern is already client modified some objects in 4.0sp1. Example Purchae line, But the same object is modified in 4.0sp3 base too. like this there are so many objects. (main concern reagrding forms)
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Yes, I am referring to a technical upgrade where you replace the client programs with the latest version and open the database to convert it. The Vista issue is a client program issue and not related to the database objects.

If you don't use the newer objects then any changes the customer made do not matter. If you do replace the objects then you will been to do a complete upgrade and move the customer changes to the new objects.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.