Installing Nav 5.0 SP1 on Citrix Presentation Server 4.0

tanstanstanstans Member Posts: 2
Can anyone help on this?
1. Does Nav 5.0 SP1 run on Citrix Presentation Server 4.0?
2. If it does then we are trying to install and get the following error
"ERROR 2337, COULD NOT CLOSE FILE: GET LAST ERROR"
This seems to be failing on a file called Saferstream.dll

3. Now i am stuck!

Thanks!!

Comments

• davidkauppdavidkaupp Member Posts: 6
    #-o

I have run into the same issue... I can't seem to find any posting anywhere on this... even on the Citrix websites.

I'll check back as well to see if anyone else has run into this too.

Dave
    Dallas, TX
    David Kaupp
  • SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    One of the earlier versions of NAV (3.60?) had a similar problem when installing on a Terminal Server.
    The solution there was to copy the client folder, as well as the commonfiles onto the disk, and then manually register the various dll's
    Maybe that can solve the problem?

<edit>
    Maybe I should read the link before posting. My suggestion is mentioned there :oops:
    </edit>
    Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself
  • davidkauppdavidkaupp Member Posts: 6
    :D

OK, I think someone in my company figured this out for me and it actually turned out to be quite simple.

When I was installing a new version of Navision (and leaving the old version on the server), I bypassed using the setup.exe file in the install folders and went straight to the *.msi install file to avoid it setting up the SQL Express on the server. But what this also bypassed was the verification / install of .NET v2.0 and that is still required.

So when I went back and used the "setup en-us.exe" file (and just bypassed the SQL Express option, but allowed the install of the .NET v2.0), it worked just fine. It does prompt you seperately whether or not you want to bypass the SQL install.

Another thing that he mentioned to me is that you might have to go into "Add / Remove Programs" and browse to that setup.exe file if the server won't allow the Windows Installer to run just by clicking on the file.
    David Kaupp