Event handling

charles.rooscharles.roos Member Posts: 60
Hi,
I have installed an .cab file into my computer, now i can read with it a card, it is Estonian ID Card, this automation variable have also method CardInserted which should somehow handle the event when ID card was inserted into reader. But this event-method doesn't return enything. I thought to create a timer which calls this CardInserted method for a while to get the event, but i can't do it, because this method doesn't return anything. How can i then get the event when card was inserted?
Is there any eventhantling solution for that in Navision?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• fufikkfufikk Member Posts: 104
    I guess that in Navision you would have an automation variable, which type would be selected from automation objects installed with card reader software. If that's the case, then in automation variable properties set 'with events' to 'Yes' - that would create function stubs in your code and you should be able to handle events from card reader.
  • charles.rooscharles.roos Member Posts: 60
    Hi,
    I have installed an .cab file into my computer, now i can read with it a card, it is Estonian ID Card, this automation variable have also method CardInserted which should somehow handle the event when ID card was inserted into reader. But this event-method doesn't return enything. I thought to create a timer which calls this CardInserted method for a while to get the event, but i can't do it, because this method doesn't return anything. How can i then get the event when card was inserted?
    Is there any eventhantling solution for that in Navision?
    Thanks in advance!

Hi is soved the problem. If form's automation-variable is declared as global, then its property WithEvents=True creates event-methods into form code, which react propery to card insert event.