TableBox Row Addition

vipinkuruvillavipinkuruvilla Member Posts: 143
Hai Friends,

Can anyone tell me how to bind textbox dynamically in a tablebox?? The textbox number is equal to the number of records in the table. This should get binded row wise in a tablebox.

Appreciate your help......

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You want to add new record into the table to show count of the records in the table? Or you want just add the count somewhere on the form? I do not understand what is your objective... :-k
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • vipinkuruvillavipinkuruvilla Member Posts: 143
    kine wrote:
    You want to add new record into the table to show count of the records in the table? Or you want just add the count somewhere on the form? I do not understand what is your objective... :-k

No no my requirement is according to the count I want the textbox to get binded. Hope now you are clear with my requirement?
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi vipinkuruvilla,

If I understand you correctly and you just want a count of the number of records with/without filter etc. then it's simply adding a textbox with SourceExpr = Rec.Count :wink:
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
    DaveT wrote:
    Hi vipinkuruvilla,

If I understand you correctly and you just want a count of the number of records with/without filter etc. then it's simply adding a textbox with SourceExpr = Rec.Count :wink:

No that is not my requirenment. Consider that my record count is 10. Then I should have 10 textbox row wise in a tablebox. This should be programatically done.

Hope now everyone is clear.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    not clear to me - you want a column that counts?

like excel looks?
    Savatage wrote:
    not clear to me - you want a column that counts?

like excel looks?
    No i want a column that has textboxes like this
    textbox 1
    textbox 2
    textbox 3
    textbox 4
    textbox 5
    textbox 6
    textbox 7
    textbox 8
    textbox 9
    textbox 10
    That is if the count is 10 I want that number of textboxes row wise in a tablebox
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If there is just 10 records in the table, the table box will have 10 rows automatically... I still do not understand what do you want to reach...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    If there is just 10 records in the table, the table box will have 10 rows automatically... I still do not understand what do you want to reach...

Ok it will have 10 rows automatically. I want to have 10 textboxes in that 10 rows so that i can display 10 different values in that 10 textboxes.
  • sendohsendoh Member Posts: 207
    to make things clear. look at the "Line no.".

instead of this

you want this

it depends on the Line. if the line is 6 then your rows is

and in your textbox rows will be

is this what you looking for?if so, this is what savatage trying to tell you. or in each line your doing sum calculation and put it on your added textbox(unbound) assuming this.

"line no" yourAddColumnTextbox
    10000 20
    20000 35
    30000 3

if this is what you want you can create local function to calculate say each line or Item.

#-o
    Sendoh
    be smart before being a clever.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hai Friends,

Can anyone tell me how to bind textbox dynamically in a tablebox?? The textbox number is equal to the number of records in the table. This should get binded row wise in a tablebox.

Appreciate your help......

Just learn how to use a sub form.

This is Navision, not Access. This is not the first time I have heard this request by the way.
    David Singleton