ZUP File after releasing/modifying the objects

andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
Hello,

I have this problem.
When I modify some objects like table and forms on the database, some user [especially the ones working with Terminal Server] says me that they loose the form setting as for example the columns displayed and their order.

I want to know if this is normal, which are the operations that generate this problem, how we can prevent it.

NAV 5.0

Thank you very much

Comments

• AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    The Zup file is reset for those objects that have been refreshed/imported into the database. Standard working of Navision.

Albert
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    We don't want that the users changes their settings each time I modify some objects.
    What do you suggest?

Thanks
  • AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Hi
    I don't know if this will work but you could give it a try.

Copy the zup file away before making changes and then copy it back after the changes have been put into the database.

Albert
  • Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    Albertvh wrote:
    Hi
    I don't know if this will work but you could give it a try.

Copy the zup file away before making changes and then copy it back after the changes have been put into the database.

Albert

This wouldn't work because when NAV cross references the zup against the new object it will see a difference in the instance of that object and write default settings for that object back to the zup on closing NAV.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    There is no way to avoid this.

I try to have the users of a form agree on their preferences (column sequencing, visibility of columns, size of columns etc.) and make the form that way so they do not have to change much from the default.