Report Objects

JackelJackel Member Posts: 32
Hi Clever Ones.

Is there a way one can identify all old, unused objects in 50000 range in the database instead of checking one by one? [-o<

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Unfortunately Navision does not track the last use of objects. It'd be nice if it did :) Best thing to do is interview the users, or put code in the objects to track it yourself. Or just buy a new object range, might be cheaper than your time.
  • AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Hi

You could use the Developers Toolkit and use the Where used function :D

Albert
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Albertvh wrote:
    Hi
    You could use the Developers Toolkit and use the Where used function :D
    Albert

I think it's more about when then where.
    Sounds like he's trying to find something like custom reports that aren't used anymore so they can be deleted and the numbers reused for new purposes.
  • AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Yor're right but I think Jackel may be asking for reports that are not used anymore, so you could use the Developers Toolkit.

Albert
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I would like to do that too now that I think of it - I'm sure i have a bunch of old reports that are not used either.

I guess I could add some code to each report to error out when someone tries to use it. Then wait for the phone calls from the users "Hey my report doesn't work anymore"

Eventually, I'll figure out what's not being used :mrgreen:
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Good one Harry, way to make friends :lol:
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    The where used function in the developers toolkit can be used to find references too the report - but I've also found that it can take a bit of time to get things setup in the dev toolkit if you don't have them in there already.

I find some faster ways to see what references the report are:
    1) Delete object and compile all the objects and see which ones error out.
    2) Export to text and look for references to Report XXXXX (this can still be a pain to run).
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    NDT is not 100% correct...do not forget that you can have some report in the Report Selection or Report list (in older versions). These will not be found in NDT...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.