Options

Dynamics NAV Mobile New Tasklet Error

paszigorpaszigor Member Posts: 28
edited 2008-09-22 in Dynamics Mobile
Hi Everyone,
When I am trying to create a new project in VS 2005 using tasklet template I receive error message:

"error retrieving information from user datastore. platform not found".

I have installed:
- .net frameword compact 2.0 SP1
- framework components
- server componets
- windows mobile 6.0 emulator

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers,
Igor

Comments

• Options
    timStimS Member Posts: 5
    Hi Igor,

First off let me start with an assumption; The name Tasklet is a concept we use in Microsoft Dynamics Mobile in our framework. Based on that I'll assume you are using the Dynamics Mobile bits with NAV as your backed?

Being a member of the Microsoft Dynamics Mobile Team I've never encountered the error you are mentioning. I'll try to forward your error to the testers in our team and see if they can reproduce the error.
    Don't expect an answer until Monday the earliest since they'll be out of office the rest of the week.

If you encounter other things you would like to have clarified please turn to our team blog, http://blogs.msdn.com/dynamicsmobile/, and use the contact form.

Best regards
    Tim
    Regards,

Tim Skauge
    Microsoft Dynamics Mobile
  • Options
    gedasgedas Member Posts: 87
    As i remember templates are prepared for windows mobile 5. So when you are using mobile 6 then system shows error about platform.

try to install mobile 5
    GB
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
    [Topic moved from Upcoming version NAV "6.0" (formerly NAV 5.1) to Navision forum]
  • Options
    Thank you very much for responses. Actually I am usinng 6.0 emulator and 6.0 SDK. Even when I am trying to open sample app. I receive this error message.

I will try SDK 5.0

Cheers,
    Igor
  • Options
    timStimS Member Posts: 5
    Hi Igor,

Gedas are right in his reply - here's the answer I've got from a tester in my team:

"RolePad and Tasklet project templates target the Windows Mobile 5 SDK so if you don’t have that installed Visual Studio cannot load the project. The same error occurs if you only have the Windows Mobile 6 SDK installed."

Please note that both templates for Windows Mobile 5 and 6 should have been installed on your computer when you installed the Microsoft Dynamics Mobile Development Tools. Before you install the SDK for Windows Mobile 5 check if you simply chosen the wrong template in Microsoft Visual Studio.

Hope this information was usefull
    Tim
    Regards,

Tim Skauge
    Microsoft Dynamics Mobile
  • Options
    Thanks Tim,
    When i am opening my VS2k5 then adding a new project -> C# -> Smart Device I can see Mobile Professional 6 node and templates: Tasklet and RolePad. That made me confused.

Cheers guys,
    Igor
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
    [Topic moved from NAV/Navision to Dynamics Mobile forum]