regarding the Item Posting groups.

reemareema Member Posts: 255
Hi,
I have a query regarding the Item Posting groups.
That means I have a item = Pen . This item we purchased for sale and for Office purpose. I assigned Gen. Product posing group and Inventory Posting group.
What my client problem is if he purchase that item for sale that item posting groups will take automatically in purchase line.
That item costing method = Average.
If he purchase for Office purpose then he wants to change That posting groups that separate accounts has to effecting G/L.
So what is the best method to change that Posting groups when he purchasefor Office purpose.
Please share your valuable experience and solution.

Thanks and regards
reema

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Firstly you can setup different Bussiness Posting Group to assign different G/L accounts if the vendors are different for regular saleable item and office consumption items.
    The best is to open 2 different items so that u can manage quantative controls and proper accounting.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Or you can use two different product posting groups on two different items, say PEN-1 and PEN-2 with respective g/l accounts on their setups. This way you can use the same vendor to purchase both items and post to different accounts.
    Regards,

Deep
    India