Production Lead Time

canadian_ehcanadian_eh Member Posts: 13
We have a production lead time depending on the item. This means that for one item, production order start date should be due date - production lead time.

We are also using routing to record labor hours.

The lead time in the item card is not used in MRP start date calculation if we have routing.

We are trying to use if we can use setup time in the routing (exclude setup time in costing).

Is there any option of setting this up?

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Is it only the leadtime you are interested in not run time or set up time? The operations are they internal or subcontracting? If you only want the leadtime then you could use "wait time" on the routing. In any case you need to have a shop calendar on the work centers. The easiest way if you only want leadtime is to set up a shop calender per day with starting time 00:00:00 and ending time 23:59:59 if you do so then when you enter wait time for example 3 days then 3 days is 3 working days.
    I dont think set up time or run time should be used in this case because they create load and I don't thin k that's what you want.

But is there any other way of achieving this?

I have the due date of the production order but i want the system to calculate the start date based on the production lead time per item regardless of the any condition.

Regards!
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    No not without any programing but I think it is easy to program this.