Subcontracting item with item tracking

canadian_ehcanadian_eh Member Posts: 13
I am using Navision 5.0 and implementing in a manufacturing company,

We are implementing full lot control in all our items due to special requirement.

When i post the output of the production order, system creates the lot number. However, when i post the related subcontracting error I got the following error: 'Lot number required'

If i assign a lot number manually (which really doesnt make sense because this is more for the cost), I am getting the error 'You cannot define item tracking on this line because it is linked to production order XXXX'

I tried to post the PO first and i got the same problem.

Is this a bug

Thanks.

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    The subcontracting operation is it the last operation on the production order?
    Are there any components linked to the subcontraction operation that is flushed backward when you post the purchase order and this items need lot no.?
    If the subcontraction has no linked items and it's not the last operation there you shouldn't be any errors.

Yes, its the last operation in the routing. I was able to post the consumption of the production order without issue.

So it should be ok, however i still got the error :?

Thanks
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    If it's the last operation then you shouldn't post any output, this is done when you post the purchase order (receive). In that case you should on the production order already have assigned the lot no. but I'm not really sure that it will work. Maybe as a workaround you could add an extra operation "Only output" then it will work.

Thanks. I changed the routing setup to add another operation so the subcontracting step is not the last operation.

I was able to post the purchase order without error. Then post the production order.

Posting the output journal (the last operation) created the lot number.

Thanks!