Windows Server 2008 & SQL Server 2008

PhilippeMoisonPhilippeMoison Member Posts: 5
Does anybody know if MS Dynamics Nav is now certified for Windows Server 2008 and SQl Server 2008 ?

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    I checked with Microsoft a few days ago concerning NAV and Windows 2008. They said it is not certified yet but expected it to be by the end of August. They will not certify on SQL 2008 until it is released.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Still, I would not want to be the first to try.

Customers we convert today buy 2008 but install 2003.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Still, I would not want to be the first to try.

Customers we convert today buy 2008 but install 2003.

But then you miss all the fun. :sick:

I agree. Downgrade rights is the way to go. Need to be careful on how software is acquired. Not all purchase methods allow for downgrade rights.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Have not seen any problem running NAV 5 SP1 SQL on Windows Server 2008 with SQL Server 2005.
    There are some learning issues with setup. More to do with Vista's changes to security. Windows Server 2008 is actually Vista SP1.

It is strange that Microsoft's own business divisions do such a lousy job of supporting new Microsoft platforms. If Microsoft cannot get their own employees to support new products when they are introduced, then they should not be surprised that the rest of the world is so slow to follow!