General Journal / Another error during posting

ToruToru Member Posts: 20
When I trying to post some general journal entries, I get the following error message :

"1 posted on 01/31/08 includes more than one customer or vendor. In order for the program to calculate VAT, the entries must be seperated by another documents number or by an empty line."

Lots of customers, just one bank account and some other accounts were written in the journal. I dont want NAV to calculate VAT for any of these lines.

What should I do?

Comments

• JaspreetJaspreet Member Posts: 10
    Hi Toru

This case arises when there journal entries have customer and vendors and along with it VAT amounts. But as you mentioned that no VAT is to be calculated on these entries, therofore you need to enure that the following columns in the journal lines do not have any values:
    - VAT Bus. Posting Group
    - VAT Prod. Posting Group
    (Do a 'show column' and make these fields visible and delete any data in them) Now the journal can be posted.
  • ToruToru Member Posts: 20
    Jaspreet wrote:
    Hi Toru

This case arises when there journal entries have customer and vendors and along with it VAT amounts. But as you mentioned that no VAT is to be calculated on these entries, therofore you need to enure that the following columns in the journal lines do not have any values:
    - VAT Bus. Posting Group
    - VAT Prod. Posting Group
    (Do a 'show column' and make these fields visible and delete any data in them) Now the journal can be posted.

Hi Jaspreet;

Firstly; thanks for the response.

I checked again that situation. But all the entries has no value for these columns. In this case; Nav shouldnt try to calculate VAT Amounts for entries.

Any other idea?

Thanks again.
  • NoelineNoeline Member Posts: 54
    Hi there

Make sure the General posting Type is blank

Regards - Noeline
  • ToruToru Member Posts: 20
    Noeline wrote:
    Hi there

Make sure the General posting Type is blank

Regards - Noeline

If I do that; that is the message I get while posting :

"Gen. posting type must not be in Gen. Journal Line Journal Template Name='GENEL', Journam Batch Name='TORU', Journal Line No.='10000'"

Any other idea please??
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Toru wrote:
    "Gen. posting type must not be in Gen. Journal Line Journal Template Name='GENEL', Journam Batch Name='TORU', Journal Line No.='10000'"

This message you get when you have the Posting groups for the G/l account filled in the Journal Line. These automatically get populated in the journal line from the account card when you select the account containing posting groups.

When the posting groups are defined, the system asks for the General Posting Type. Make sure you dont have any posting groups (VAT) selected to avoid this error.

You can check.
    Regards,

Deep
    India