Business Notification

sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
Hey guys,

Could you help me in solving the following problems since u r already able to send the email. I will appreciate if you can provide me the steps to follow.

am having following error while trying to Test connection between outlook 2007 and Navision 5 with sp1 SQL 2005 database;

1.The connection to"DATABASE" Microsoft Dynamics NAV databse failed. The program returned the following error:
Microsoft Dynamics NAV codeunit execution for response Error: User xyz has not been setup to be allowed to run Codeunit 5306 - Outlook Synch. Export Schema.
Please verify your synchronization settings. If the problem persists contact your system administrator.

2. I have setup business notification server and able to make a scheme and it has been successfully started as well. I am also unable to browse the NotificatioDeploymentServer Page in IIS I can only browse BusinessNotificationSubscribe in IIS.Please let me know what is required next?

Please not that user has super role permission and an Application server is running with OSYNCH Start-Up Parameter.

Regards,
Sajid

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Outlook synchronization - check the settings of the synchronization in NAV - there is User selection which select under which account the synchronization will be done. Check that it is same as the account of the NAS

2) And are you able to run the NAV BN Manager?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    Hi Kine,

Yes. My NAS service account and the outlook account are same.
    I am able to run BN Manager and even able to start the schem.

But still when I try to run the Test connection under Settings-->connection then I find the error which I mentioned in my earlier post for user not allowed to run the code unit 5306-Outlook Export Schema.

Regards,
    Sajid
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Let split the problems:

1) Outlook synchronization
    if you are trying to synchronize outlook with NAV, you need to have setup the Synchronization for your account. In the CRM module in NAV you need to go into Salesperson table and find the record for your person. There you need to setup the Outlook synchronization tab on the card. You need to select your Win account and folders which you want to sync. Than you can try to sync the data from within Outlook

2) BN
    Business Notification are separate product and are not in connection with the Outlook synchronization. Why you want to browse NotificatioDeploymentServer? You do not need that... Just subscribe the notification you want and somehow fire the event in the NAV (through the BN worksheet or through code).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    As per your suggestion I did the setup of SalesPeople after that I find the following error. Please note that I am getting this error change only if I run my outlook on server where the application and databse servers are running. But if I try to run outlook on other machine I am still getting the previous error. Please note down the latest error message as below;

"The connection to “DATABASE” Microsoft Dynamics NAV database failed. The program returned the following error: Microsoft Dynamics NAV codeunit execution for response Error: The value of COPYSTR parameter 2 is outside of permitted range.

The current value is :0.
    The permitted range is: from 1 to 2147483647.
    Please verify synchronization settings. If problem persists contact your system administrator"