Print Labels

pa_toupa_tou Member Posts: 155
Hi!
I am using NAV5 and pretty new using barcodes, labelling, etc...
I want to be able to print :
- Item label that holds item No; Item description; Purchase order No; Vendor No at the time that I do receiving via scaning into my warehouse.
- I also need to determine how many labels i will print at the receiving base on quantities I receive as I put those labels on each box.
- I also want to print labels when I sent goods to my customer so i want to have on my label Customer info ; sales order; item no; quantity shipped; UPC code ; SKU code of my customer; etc...

Please any help step by step will be appreciated as I do not know where to begin.
Thanks

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This is all very complex thing and knowhow of partners... hard to describe over forum... But think about it just like if you need to print the data in normal text on the paper. Barcode is just another font. Than try to get all info on correct time to the paper. You will need to know informations like quantity per package etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • pa_toupa_tou Member Posts: 155
    Hi Kine, tahnks for reply.
    That's what I need. What kind of information I need to chec??
    Right now, I have all my items setup with SKU cross reference ( Customer); Item identifier; Item UPC/EAN.
    I do not have anyway of saying that this is the quantity per package so how this can be done?
    Thanks
    kine wrote:
    This is all very complex thing and knowhow of partners... hard to describe over forum... But think about it just like if you need to print the data in normal text on the paper. Barcode is just another font. Than try to get all info on correct time to the paper. You will need to know informations like quantity per package etc.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It depends on how the barcodes are used on the packages. If you are using barcodes from partners you are purchasing from, or you are creating own items (manufactured items) and you are attaching the barcodes on them etc. May be you do not need this information... it was just brainstorming... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.