Avaya Tapi connection with NAV4sp3 ?

dlauwersdlauwers Member Posts: 127
Hello,

Customer is using NAV4sp3 and want to use there Sonal Telephone system with there avaya phones to call a number from NAV.

I tried, but the standand NAV does not support this, only Microsoft caller.

I looked in the forum, and it seems that we have to modify CU5053 - TAPIManagement so that it will use the avaya Tapi DLL ?

Is this correct, could someone give some more details on the best way we can do this. We probaly have to change the One function in CU5053 - Dail in order to do this. Do you know what software must be installed in order for the correct DLL to be on the system that we must use in NAV ?

Thanks for the extra info.. :wink:

Danny

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    I installed the TAPI just once ... and all worked fine out-of-the-box. I had the impression that it was just a matter of installing the TAPI software on the machine, and the TAPI handler of NAV just used this default TAPI software... .

Probably it depends on the provider :-k

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • dlauwersdlauwers Member Posts: 127
    Thanks Waldo for your reply, I will setup a test machine to see if installing the Avaya client software and NAV wil give a working situation or not.

The customer reported errors on there machines where the client software of the provider was already installed when they pressed the phone icon next to a phone numer in NAV, but maybe the client software needs an update ? The default Microsoft Dailer window opens and after a while it gives an error that it is unable to connect. And I found no other settings how to tell NAV what TAPI client to use, is this setup in Windows XP somewhere ? :-k

Will try in detail one of these days and see if I get it working or not.

In the meanwhile any tips are ofcourse still welcome ! :D

Thanks
    Danny
  • MIMI Member Posts: 20
    Hi dwaulers,

is there a 3rd party TAPI-Driver comming with your Avaya telephone system.
    We had to install first our Siemens 3rd party TAPI-driver, setting up the 3rd party TAPI-driver and finally tell the MS dialer what to use.
    To setup the MS dialer start the dialer, click on "Edit" - "Options" - pick the Tab "Lines", set the "Preffered line for calling" to phone and at the dropdown for "Phone calls" you should see the 3rd party driver for your Avaya phone system.

That what we had to do with our Siemen telephone system.
    We did not touch/modify the CU 5053 TAPIManagement, it worked after the setups.
    Possibly you have to restart your PC after doing the setups.

Hope this helps.

...Manni
  • jbrajbra Member Posts: 32
    I am having trouble getting phone dialer to dial 9 (to get an outside line) on our Avaya phones. I have a 9 in the dialing rules>general>to access an ouside line for local calls box. Phone dialer will dial a 9 if I try directly from inside phone dialer.

Ideas?