BOM Certified error

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
Dear All
I m using the Navision 4.0 SP3 (SQL) Database,When I m going to change the status of Production Bom from Under development to Certified then it is taking too much Time there is no customization at all,If I am doing the same proces in Navision 3.7 with the same BOM lines it is taking hardly 5 to 6 seconds not more than that in 3.7 DBV also there is no customization at all..Please give me solution to increase the Speed of changing the production BOM Status.
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    When you change status to certified a low-level-code calculation is done. If the BOM is complicated with many levels then it might be a good idea to disable the calculation when you certifiy a BOM. This is done in manufacturing setup the field Dynamic-Low-Level code should be unmarked. How ever a low-level calculation needs to be done when you change things in a BOM and i Dynamic-Low-Level code is disabled this is done by the job Calculate-Low-Level Code under the product design menu in 4.0.
    If I will untick d Dynamic low level code in Manufacturing setup and by mistake sometimes I forget to run the "Calculate Low level Code" Batch job
    then what Will happen?My second issue is that:I have untick the one prod BOM nd it speed increased then I have run d "Calculate Low level code" (Codeunit) then again I have ticked the Dynamic Low level code is this process is right?
    My third issue:I have given another solution my client I have creted Report(Process only report) by taking Production BOM header DataItem and set dataItemtableview to and [Requiredfilterfiled to "No."] and wrote code on OnAftergetrecord which is given below:

"Production BOM Header".VALIDATE("Production BOM Header".Status,"Production BOM Header".Status::Certified);
    "Production BOM Header".MODIFY;
    window.UPDATE(1,STRSUBSTNO('%1 %2',"Production BOM Header"."No.","Production BOM Header".Status));
    window.UPDATE(2,ROUND(c/d*10000,1));

Is this process is right?
    Vikram Dabas
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    I'll begin try to explain what low-level-code does. The low-level-code calculation calculates the lowest level the item has in all BOM's. You can see the field in the item table. The Low-Level-Code is used in the MRP calculation, in NAV in the planning worksheet. The Low-Level-Code determins in what sequence the item will be calculated. If you're not using the planning worksheet in NAV a Low-Level-Code calculation is'nt nessessary.

The Low-Level-Code should be calculated before you run the planning worksheet, if you have made changes in BOM's or added new BOM's then the suggested demand in the planning worksheet might be wrong.

If you use the "Calculate Low level Code" Batch job then the Dynamic Low level code field should not be ticked.

Your report does the job, but what if another user is making some changes in a BOM in the same time as you run the report? And also the report is slower than the Calculate Low level Code" Batch job because the batch job does the calculation for the item once. So if all BOM's were in Status:New then the report will take much longer time. Another issue with the report is that a user might certify a BOM and then the report won't run this BOM and the Low-Level-Code won't be calculated.

If it is a problem that you forget to run the "Calculate Low level Code" Batch job then I think it's better to schedule the job using NAS.