How to dispaly data from all the companines in one report?

muskan_kajalmuskan_kajal Member Posts: 4
I am using standard table 405(Change log entry) to display all modifications done for aay company by any user and for one functionality. And I am using one customized table for specifying users.
I have made a Report for displaying records form Table 405 for all the users specified in my customized table.
Now my client wants that my report should not display company specific data rather he wants me to display data for all the comapnines together when he runs that report form any comapny.

for eg I have two companies A and B. So he wants that when I run my report from company A it should display data from comapny B also and vice versa.

Comments

• FramusFramus Member Posts: 13
    You can do this:
    create temporary table
    set company for record with record.CHANGECOMPANY
    copy all records to temporary table
    this do for all companies
    and than print/show it
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Look at the statement "CHANGECOMPANY".

I think of three ways:
    1) extra dataitem based on company table
    This way, you're looping the company table. In the OnAfterGetRecord of that dataitem, you can do a CHANGECOMPANY of the Change Log Entry.
    Disadvantage is that you won't be able to group the data in a decent way. The report is grouped on company level.
    2) same as above, but filling a temp table (based also on the Change Log Entry). After that, print your report based on that temp table. Grouping is flexible in this way.
    You can do all this in one report.
    3) Make your table "DataPerCompany" = No and my be add a field and fill it with the company name (if needed). I don't know how this is going to end up, but it seems feasable... .
    Disadvantage is that users in different companies is going to lock each other because they're all working in the same table.

I would go for option 2.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    Seems that Framus was posting option 2 at the same time :)

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Or there is next way:

If you are on SQL, you can create View as union of all tables for all companies and add it into NAV as LinkedObject. Than you can create the report over this... (in the view you can add one field with name of the company to have unique identification...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    hm, I like that one as well :-). But only works on SQL indeed.

Eric Wauters
    My blog