How to interpret results of the client monitor

ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
Hello

Here are 2 sets of lines from the client monitor. The first has a line with the type 60.
Using Nav 5.0, native db.

54 Server Time (ms) 4812
55 Records Read 499818
60 Reads 813
100 Elapsed Time (ms) 4812

54 Server Time (ms) 407
55 Records Read 499818
100 Elapsed Time (ms) 406

Anybody knows what this is? Note the Server time in the first set is about 10 times more, that's the reason why I'm investigating this...

Many thanks in advance
Thomas

Thanks in advance
Thomas

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) You can use the "extended" client monitor objects to look at the same data in more readable form (with additional tools) - see MBS Tools CD or download section for Client monitor fob file.

2) For me it seems that the first reads means 813 physical reads from disc. In second case all records were read from cache (it is why the short time and no Parameter 60...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    The "extended" client monitor that kine mentions is part of the "Performance Troubleshooting Guide" on the NAV Tools CD. In the corresponding PDF you can find how you can use Excel Pivot tables to get an overview of the data in the client monitor. Very flexible, quick and clear. I use it a lot.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Waldo wrote:
    The "extended" client monitor that kine mentions is part of the "Performance Troubleshooting Guide" on the NAV Tools CD. In the corresponding PDF you can find how you can use Excel Pivot tables to get an overview of the data in the client monitor. Very flexible, quick and clear. I use it a lot.
    Thanks, could you post the link? Thanks.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Thanx, I'll give it a try :D
  • Frank_HulsboschFrank_Hulsbosch Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

We're currenly in need for the Navision Tools CD for Nav 4.03 in order to solve a performance problem with our Navision Server (in comparison to our old server).
    The performance is noticably slower on a system which is a far more advanced machine than the old one (however - it is currently running Navision 4.03 on a Virtual Server).

The link doesn't seem to work anymore so if anybody could send me the tools by mail I would be very happy.
    FH
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.