MRP does not respect Lot Size and Order Multiple

Jeff_GJeff_G Member Posts: 14
I have Lot Size set for Production Order items and Order Multiple set for Purchase Items.

I put a sales order for a finished good into the system to drive demand.

When I run MRP, it suggests (Purchase and Production) orders with the exact size needed to fill the order, NOT a full lot or multiple as specified on the item card.

I have tried a variety of planning paramesters and re-ordering policies without sucess.

Suggestions?

V: 5.0

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Lot Size Field
    This field contains the quantity of the item that is usually produced in one production lot.

If the item routing includes fixed costs such as setup time, the program uses the contents of this field when it calculates standard cost price and distributes the fixed costs of manufacturing the item.

In addition, if you want to use the Dampener field to limit action message proposals involving insignificant quantities, you set up the field as a percentage of the lot size.
    - nothing about that production will be rounded or something to this size multiples...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    You can't use Lot Size as Kine says, but order multiple in kombination with reordering policy Fixed Reorder Qty. will work.
    You can't use Lot Size as Kine says, but order multiple in kombination with reordering policy Fixed Reorder Qty. will work.

I have tried this, and the Planning Worksheet still generates proposed order lines with fractional purchases. Any other suggestions?
  • Jeff_GJeff_G Member Posts: 14
    noname wrote:

I have tried this, and the Planning Worksheet still generates proposed order lines with fractional purchases. Any other suggestions?
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Manufacturing policy should be make-to-stock. If it doesn't work pls provide with more info version and other parameters on the item card.

Are you using SKU's?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen