CHANGECOMPANY & Liecense

krzychub83krzychub83 Member Posts: 120
Is there any license condition(which I need to have) to use ChangeCompany function? I have an error message seeing, that my TestUser doesn't have permissions to insert data into Marge Company.

The TestUser on which I was testing my code has a SUPER Role for all companies. Still I see this error message.
THX

PS: NAV 4.0 SP2

Answers

• FramusFramus Member Posts: 13
    I had a problem like you (maybe), with a report i changed the records in other company.
    so try this:
    1 go to the properties of the object (report, tab, codeunit etc.), from which you will change data in other comp.,
    2 fill the property 'permissions' with object, which you will data change in.
    3 and try it.

sorry if this not help you (and my english :)
  • krzychub83krzychub83 Member Posts: 120
    Hi Framus. I forgotten about this option, THX =D> . I'll try it tomorrow at work ( , but I think that this is it. :) )

I know that this is not the issue of the bought license, because my code is copying some data to the Marge Company ( like T5200, or all other my own tables.)

By the way, I thought that this is important when the user doesn't have enough permissions to (for example) read a table. My TestUser has the role of SUPER user, so I thought that he will be able to make any input/modify operations on the base.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Not if it's a protected table in NAV. Are you trying t insert/modify ledger entries or posted document tables?
  • krzychub83krzychub83 Member Posts: 120
    THX Alex Chow and Framus.

Yes I was trying to put records to protected table, and Yes changing the object permissions helped. :)

Funny thing is that, when I was making tests on my developer licenses it didn't crashed. However when I was making beta tests on customer licenses it started to crash.
    Thats why first I thought about licenses. :)