Item/Item Ledger Entry Report Grouping

mxlimmxlim Member Posts: 21
Hi all,

I'm doing a report which requires the following grouping:
1) Group by Item Ledger Entry."Location Code"
2) Group by Item."Inventory Posting Group"
3) Sort by Item."No."
- Each Item."No." has to evaluate the corresponding records in Item Ledger Entry."Item No." for a certain Start Date --> End Date
4) Group Total for Inventory Posting Group
5) Group Total for Location

The output required is as below:
INVT. POSTING GROUP: MM
    Item."No."
    Item."No."
    etc.
TOTAL MM: xxxx
TOTAL SF: xxxx

I am unable to figure out how to structure the data items in the report to allow such a grouping. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,
Nicholas

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    To use native grouping you need to have all data in one table. It means you need to have Location Code (ok), Inventory Posting Group (missing) and Item No. (ok) in the Item Ledger Entry. Than you just needs one DataItem and set the grouping there. It means you need to somehow add Inventory Posting Group into the table 32, else you need to do nested dataitems and do the grouping in another way

(nested Dataitmes in this order - Location - Inventory Posting Group - Item - Item Ledger Entry)

- in case of nested DataItems you will have longer processing time, because it will go through all location, all Inv. PG all Item regardless if there exists some Item LE for the combination...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • mxlimmxlim Member Posts: 21
    I added a new field (to capture Inventory Posting Group) and key to the Item Ledger Entry Table. It works fine, but there is already a flowfield in the table which contains the same value. Can I use the flowfield to group the records instead? Navision does not allow the flowfield to be a key.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, you cannot...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.