Integration with telephones

akmanakman Member Posts: 67
Hello,

Has anybody integrated NAV with phones or call centers? Is there something ready in the program?

I want when I receive a phone call to see the contact or the customer with this phone no. Of course if there are more things I can do it would be even better.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    All depends on the used system, what is able to do...

In general: You need to have the caller no. and called no. within NAV to do something with it. Some switch-boards are able to write these informations into some database table. Than you can have assigned each called no. to some user and when this entry for his no. is found in the table, NAV can look up the caller no. in the database and open the card. You just needs some timer to check that...

It means: NAV needs to know that there is call from no. xxxx to number yyyy and that the number yyyy will take use ZZZZ. Than you can do what you want... how will be done all that depends on ability of your phone system...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    akman wrote:
    Hello,

Has anybody integrated NAV with phones or call centers? Is there something ready in the program?

I want when I receive a phone call to see the contact or the customer with this phone no. Of course if there are more things I can do it would be even better.

Thanks in advance.
    Just an end user here, so I haven't integrated it, but I did go through a whole ip-phone demo recently, and all the new ip phone systems have built in a caller id that will search outlook. so my plan if we do this is to use navision outlook intergration to keep outlook up to-date, and use the phones software to pop up the outlook contact., this is a first step approach I am taking while I decide on just what type of integration I really need, since it doesn't actually take any new programing on the navision or the phone system side of things.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    akman wrote:
    Hello,

Thanks in advance.

I've done this for a client. using Avya phone system. Nav opens and listen on sertain port. The phone system sends the caller Number to Nav. Navision then opens the Contact card if found. Otherwise allows the user to create a new contact.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • JayaJaya Member Posts: 13
    Hi
    Can you please advise how you managed to do the setup and config of the phone system with NAV. I am currently working on relationship management with outlook integration in NAV 2009.

Thanks

Jaya