Navision integration with CRM

bona_donabona_dona Member Posts: 72
hello,

I am interested how to integrate Navision with CRM 4.0. Is it possible?

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Yes it is possible. Read the CRM SDK on how CRM communicates to the outside world. Then what I've done before is use Commerce Gateway type logic in NAV (this customer wanted to use Biztalk), and I would now probably try to set it up as a webservice.

Then browse this forum for articles about integrating. A few people have integrated NAV and CRM before, and there are quite a few articles about it.
  • bona_donabona_dona Member Posts: 72
    Hi,

thanks for reply:)It will be useful for me:)
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • amadeodamadeod Member Posts: 6
    bona-dona,
    there's pratically two serious ways to do it ...
    One recomended way is to use Celenia connector third party product, which is initially pretty cheap NAV-CRM integrator - which natively syncs some 15-20 native crm-nav entities-tables (customers, contacts, invoices, etc...), while on the other hand in order to customize your own integrations they charge some 200EUR per table pair!

This insight forced me to search for another solution since Ihave many custom entities and vertical solution addons ...

Finaly I've found out that BizTalk infrastructure is the best possible way to do such implementation ... withou inveting of "hot water" if you'd try to implement custom web services, or even Message Broker (SQL) approach ... huge workand problems ahead of you ...

Currently we're in the middle of NAV 5.0SP1-CRM4.0-BT2006R2-Win2k8-SQL2k8+64bit implementation.
    Someone who'd be interested to hear 'bout our experience & progress is free to contact me ...
    Regards,
    A.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    amadeod wrote:

Currently we're in the middle of NAV 5.0SP1-CRM4.0-BT2006R2-Win2k8-SQL2k8+64bit implementation.
    Someone who'd be interested to hear 'bout our experience & progress is free to contact me ...
    Regards,
    A.

I think most people here would be interested to hear your progress, so why not just assume we are interested, and post about it here in the community. \:D/
    David Singleton
    David I'm glad that this experience might be usefull to someone ..., when I find time I'll here & there bring some news 'bout progress-here!
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    amadeod wrote:
    David I'm glad that this experience might be usefull to someone ..., when I find time I'll here & there bring some news 'bout progress-here!

Much appreciated.
    David Singleton
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    amadeod wrote:
    Finaly I've found out that BizTalk infrastructure is the best possible way to do such implementation ...
    I agree it's the easiest, because it already has all the 'translation' bits in place. You still need to haqve someting that catches the CRM post callouts though, so you're looking at custom development anyway. Since that is all done with XML documents I figured it might be best to go directly into NAV and not through Biztalk. The version I worked with was a much older version though, there might actually be a CRM-BTS connector now.
    Yes recently MS published CRM-BT connector which should greatly simplify Call-Outs ...
    In order to reduce BT trasnsaction load and to bypass unnecessary data redundancy, we've decided to use as much as possible NAV views at CRM interface, and vice versa ...

And since we're dealing with Telco industry we'll utilize BT to additionally integrate our heterogeneous network systems (like internet-telephony-dvbc provisioning and authorization ... Cisco blah blah ...) with ERP-CRM.
    Otherwise BT in cluster enterprise environment would be rather expensive choice!
    BT orchestrations and business rules can greatly extend NAV&CRM integration by introducing additional business logic layer.

We've also decided to implement MSMQ aproach on the CRM's side also, in order to improve messaging ... although Celenia's approach excluded that part.