What is the difference in this property

novato76novato76 Member Posts: 11
Hello every body:

Someone can help me please with this problem:

I have a dataport which I use for import data to navision but Lately this objet has given me problems when I run it, because it does not allows me to import data. I have revised the properties' dataport and only I can see one property which I think is the problem. In the field dataport called "Shortcut Dimension 2 Code" there is a property called "CallFieldValidate" when the setup is "YES" the dataport does not allows me import data, when the setup is "NO" the dataport import data, but in the batch does not accept the field "Shortcut Dimension 2 Code" because the format is not validate, however whe the setup is "<NO>" the batch accept all data, I do not have tested the setup "<YES>"
Someone can to Explain me please what is the difference betwen those two kinds of setups (with <> and without <>) in this property and why sometimes I can import data and some times does not.

Thanks very much.

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The difference between NO and <NO> means that first is set by developer (explicitly set) and second is default value which is not saved in the object (implicit value) to save space...

and why you have problems: because if you enable this property, the OnValidate trigger is called when the value is entered, but because there is some code behind this trigger, the code can lead to problems. May be because when entering Dimensions, the record must already exist in the db, for NAV to be able to create correct entry into related Dimension table. Sometime it is better to import the values into some global variables and assign them into the record through code. You need to be sure that all related tables are populated with correct values. In many cases you need to first fill the PK fields, insert the record, validate rest of the fields and modify the record to have all correct...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • novato76novato76 Member Posts: 11
    Thank you very much for your answer, only I like to know how can I do for input the signs <> to this property from dataport design because when I enter it, the program gives me a message which tells "<NO> is not an option, the exist options are Yes, No" and it does not allows me input the signs. Can you help me please to change this property and to do the program accepts those signs in the dataport design.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi novato76,

You cannot enter in the <No> as it validates the string... simply delete the contents of the field and navigate away :wink:
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    That's how you can always revert back to default property values. Open the properties page, and delete the value, NAV will put its default back in there.
    I want to thank you all for your valuable assistance, I am a new user of Navision 4 actually I do not know very mucho about it, but I want and I need to learn very much about programation and setup items. I have navigated in the web and this site is really wonderful there are many people from all the world with very much knowledge about those items and the better is they want share it with other people only for help us.

Thanks very much again and I send to you a big greeting from Mexico.

=D> =D> =D>
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi novato76,

Glad to help - don't forget to add [Solved] to to subject line ( in the first post ) :mrgreen:
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
    novato76 wrote:
    Hello every body:

Someone can help me please with this problem:

I have a dataport which I use for import data to navision but Lately this objet has given me problems when I run it, because it does not allows me to import data. I have revised the properties' dataport and only I can see one property which I think is the problem. In the field dataport called "Shortcut Dimension 2 Code" there is a property called "CallFieldValidate" when the setup is "YES" the dataport does not allows me import data, when the setup is "NO" the dataport import data, but in the batch does not accept the field "Shortcut Dimension 2 Code" because the format is not validate, however whe the setup is "<NO>" the batch accept all data, I do not have tested the setup "<YES>"
    Someone can to Explain me please what is the difference betwen those two kinds of setups (with <> and without <>) in this property and why sometimes I can import data and some times does not.

Thanks very much.