Printing ledger entry directly from the list form

rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
Hi Experts,

i want to print any type of ledger entry directly by clicking command button eg(Print).
Is it possible to print records of list from without making any report ?

for eg. item's ledger entries are displayed when we click Ctrl+F5 from item cards. those ledger entries should be printed.

all ideas are welcome.....
Experience Makes Man Perfect....
Rajesh Patel

Answers

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Print screen? :lol:

Don't think it's possible automagically like you want, but what you could use is the microsoft office integration (word and excel icons). This way, you export it to e.g. word, and there you can print it.

Just Copy/Paste is also an option...

You could create some kind of external application that generates a few keystrokes for you ... that copies the selected records to a clipboard, open notepad, paste, print the notepad... . But that involves quite some development - and I'm not sure it's possible :|.

EOI (end of ideas)

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    thanks Waldo for your quick reply.
    i know that :mrgreen: but i want to ensure that this is not possible.

thanks once again.... :P
    Rajesh Patel
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

What version of Navision are you using?
    In Version 5.0 you can just click the Send-to Excel button (=Ctrl + E) and print the records from excel. That way you can format them however you want to. I know, that the numbers can be changed in Excel prior to printing, but otherwise you will need to create a report.

hope this helps,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi Experts,

i want to print any type of ledger entry directly by clicking command button eg(Print).
    Is it possible to print records of list from without making any report ?

for eg. item's ledger entries are displayed when we click Ctrl+F5 from item cards. those ledger entries should be printed.

all ideas are welcome.....

Another option if you need a record that is exactly the journal, is Snagit. This does a print screen, but has an auto scroll option, so if you have say three pages of entries, it scrolls down and will print everything.
    David Singleton
  • rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    Thanks KYDutchie,David for you precious time spent to solve my problem.

=D> =D> =D> \:D/
    Rajesh Patel
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Thanks KYDutchie,David for you precious time spent to solve my problem.

=D> =D> =D> \:D/

You are welcome, I hope it helps.
    David Singleton
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    You are welcome.
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.