Item applications are not done, causing open ILE with qty=0

ramon_navramon_nav Member Posts: 25
Dear gurus :P

I have a client working on NAV 4.0 SP3. When I was reviewing some of their item ledger entries for items that had a stock quantity of 0 at that time, I noticed that some of the entries still had a checkmark in the "open"column. For all the occasions that I checked, the last entries were posted through the item journal (negative adjustments). It seems that posting a negative correction does not always create a application entry, which on its turn is causing positive entries (manufacturing purchase or positive adjustments) to remain open.

So, for instance, I have the following (simplified) two entries:
No.| Entry Type| Qty| Remaining Qty| Open| Entry No.|
Item X| Purchase | 10 | 10 | Yes | 14123 |
Item X| neg. Adjmt| -10 | -10 | Yes | 14124 |

I would expect that entry 14124 would be applied to entry 14123, which on its turn would "close" both entries. Because the entries are not closed, we are running into problems with the reservation system. Reservation entries are applied to ILE 14123, causing the available qty to be negative.

When I create a negative adjustment in an example comperable to the above, the entries where applied to each other, and all item ledger entries for this item were closed.

Any ideas about this one?

Is it possible to manually create item applications? I know this is possible in NAV 5 (Application Worksheet), but I can't find it in 4.0.

Comments

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    It's messy, but possible.

Table 339 Item Application Entry
  • MindieMindie Member Posts: 124
    I have a client that is having the same problem. They have many ILE's that haven't been applied. In one example they had a positive quantity on hand with 5 open output entries. They made a negative adjustment to zero out the quantity on hand. The negative adjustment did not get applied to the open positive entries. Now all 6 entries are open and the quantity on hand is 0 but the inventory valuation report shows a cost.

They are on v4.03. They have no changes to any codeunits.

Is there a way to correct it without manually creating entries in the application table. Any solution to prevent future problems?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    To fix the issue there is a function in CU22 that you can expose and pass the open ILE as a parameter to close it out. (If you don;t understand that, then you are not the person that should be doing this fix up 8) ).

Of course you first need to make sure that there is not a hidden issue, for example, maybe the positive entry was reserved against a sales order when the neg adj was made, and this caused the open entries. Or a variant or location etc. There are a lot of reasons that a pos and a neg do not balance, and you need to be certain before you go fixing it.
    David Singleton
  • ramon_navramon_nav Member Posts: 25
    Hi guys,

In my case, the open ILE's are caused by negative adjustments, whilst there are reservations for the ILE's. Our solution to this is to block the negative adjustments, when there are reservations for that specific ILE.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ramon_nav wrote:
    Hi guys,

In my case, the open ILE's are caused by negative adjustments, whilst there are reservations for the ILE's. Our solution to this is to block the negative adjustments, when there are reservations for that specific ILE.

=D> Perfect. Its always better to solve the source of the problem than to do a "bad aid" fix to solve the short term issue.
    David Singleton