BlankZero property.

kirkostaskirkostas Member Posts: 127
I want to ask if there is a way to make all reports use BlankZero = Yes without needed to open them separately and change BlankZero for every numeric control.

Thanks. \:D/
kirkostas

Comments

• rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    sorry its not possible. :(
    Experience Makes Man Perfect....
    Rajesh Patel
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can create some external tool which will take text file with the object and will add the property to correct positions. No other way around...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • kirkostaskirkostas Member Posts: 127
    I export some reports in text files and noticed that there were some numeric fields with BlankZero = No. Since the default value is <Yes> shouldn't I be able to write some code when finds BlankZero = No to make it Yes?

Maybe this is some king of solution.
    kirkostas
    edited 2008-06-06
    kirkostas wrote:
    I export some reports in text files and noticed that there were some numeric fields with BlankZero = No. Since the default value is <Yes> shouldn't I be able to write some code when finds BlankZero = No to make it Yes?

Maybe this is some king of solution.

Problem is, that default values are not exported in the text. If you have somewhere No, you can do just search&replace in the text file. But you still needs to change the property BlankNumbers to "BlankZero" too...

and one thing:
    The property shows you that default is yes (but only if the used variable is field from table and the property on this field is set to yes), but in on-line help you will find that:
    Blank zeros and No Yes
    Display zeros and No No (default)
    Where is the truth? ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Some news:

The default value of BlankZero on the report depends on the value of this property of the table field you use in the SourceExpr. If the field has Yes, the default on the report will be Yes... but in general, this property is No by default...

This make it more complicated...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • kirkostaskirkostas Member Posts: 127
    Yes I know all that. If it is a field from a table then the default value is Yes but if it is a variable (decimal) the default value is No.
    So I am working on Visual Basic to make a project that it will read the text file and remove all references to BlankZero. Then it will scan the whole file again collecting the fields from SourceExpr property and all the decimal variables from the end of the text file. Now scan it again from the beginning I will be able to add to all decimal fields the BlankZero=Yes and for all variables that were decimal I have the ID (TotalsDB@1420079 : Decimal;) and i will know where to put the BlankZero=Yes.

I think this will be a very nice utility. :D
    kirkostas