Navision-web user license

teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
Dear All,
may i know what is web user license referring to?
1) The license is apply to what module?

2) As i noted we can access the nav db (mssql) thru IE by writing some script in asp.net) BUT i'm wonder is the standard nav 5.0 provide this kind of feature(web portal)? since MBS-Nav is selling the web user license.

Cheer,
teckpoh

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Each Web User gives an internal casual user access to the solution. A Web User does not require much transactional performance of the solution, and therefore fits the concept of browser usage, which this user primarily will be. An internal user is an employee or contractual worker working for the legal entity that has acquired the solution.
    A Web User is a named user. Each internal user needs one (1) Web User to access the solution with any device. Configurations of Web Users are independent from the configuration of Sessions, C/OCX, C/ODBC and C/FRONT.
    The required number of Web Users is not reduced by the use of software or hardware that decreases the number of devices or internal users directly accessing the solution (sometimes called multiplexing or pooling). The required number of Web Users is equal to the number of internal users that access the front end of the solution. Only one (1) Web User is required per internal employee regardless of the access to the solution. This includes, but is not limited to, access via the Application Server, any other third party application servers and any other multiplexing and pooling software and hardware. This excludes those Microsoft Dynamics NAV products or agreements made explicitly with third parties, for which another type of user exists.

take also a look to Lucs Tool

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=336

and this site

http://www.abc-computers.com/Support/Do ... 007-06.doc

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    can i say that web user license is use for user to gain permission to access/integrate 3rd party s/w wit navision thru c/front , c/odbc, c/ocx

Example:
    my navision application is integrated with JetReport(which r needed to install c/front) so i hv to buy 1 web user license for 1 user to access nav thru jet report?? Am i right? Plz advise....