Document Approval in NAV 5.0

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
Hi,

I am actually testing document approval in NAV 5.0.

I have noticed that NAV needs to be synchronized with Outlook for the Approval Request to be sent?

Can someone please advise?

Thanks and Regards,
Beatrice.

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I'm studying it 4 the certification and the only thing about notifications in the moc is this:
    When you decide to use the notification system, the SMTP server must be set up
    for emails to the involved users. This work is done in the SMTP Mail Setup
    window, which is accesses from IT Administration→General Setup→SMTP
    mail setup.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • MMDMMD Member Posts: 2
    I remember it working seamlessly when I fooled around with this.

You might want to check it out. The license will expire on the 16th, though.

Good luck.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Beatrice wrote:
    Hi,

I am actually testing document approval in NAV 5.0.

I have noticed that NAV needs to be synchronized with Outlook for the Approval Request to be sent?

Can someone please advise?

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.

You do not need to be "synhronize" with Otlook. All emails in NAV 5.0 are sent through SMTP. Just set the SMTP server...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • KSP_NAVKSP_NAV Member Posts: 68
    I tried by setting the SMTP server in SMTP mail setup and it throws me an error (as shown below) while approval a purchase order.

Error:The SMTP mail system returned the following error: (0x80040211): The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc15. The server response was not available.

Any ideas?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems that you set some server which is not able to sent the SMTP. Did you use the Exchange server?

Googled links: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t ... email.html
    http://www.vistax64.com/live-mail/12916 ... error.html
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • KSP_NAVKSP_NAV Member Posts: 68
    No... Im not using any exchange server :( .

Is it compulsory to use exchange server to perform this activity?
  • gwmadregwmadre Member Posts: 13
    Error:The SMTP mail system returned the following error: (0x80040211): The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc15. The server response was not available.

We are getting the same error. Our customer's IT person gave us the SMTP server access. Are there any conditions that the SMTP server needs to meet for NAV to use it?