5.0 SP1 and AddOn's

chinagiantchinagiant Member Posts: 21
Hello forum!

I am new to Navision (developer/installation & configuration). I have a question regarding the installation of SP1 for NAV 5.0. I hope this is a good place to ask :)

Situation: I have installed a NAV 5.0 with SQL Server and the German AddOn's for "Kostenrechnung" and "Zahlungsverkehr". If I now install the SP1 do I have to do anything else? Does the SP1 automatically update/upgrade/patch also the AddOn's? Or is there some additional piece of software that I need?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Greetings
Peter

Comments

• Stef-BStef-B Member Posts: 26
    Since Kostenrechnung and Zahlungsverkehr is a normal granule Add On, there shouldn't be any problem in updating the client software.
  • chinagiantchinagiant Member Posts: 21
    Now I did the following:
    I installed 5.0 SP1 and it went fine. But I wonder if I have to install some additional piece of software that especially upgrade the AddOn's?

Greetings
    Peter
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, you do not need anything. You did "technical upgrade" when you are using newer NAV client, but still same objects.

Second form of upgrade is full upgrade, when you change the client AND the objects of the application. In this case you need to "upgrade" the addons too bu this is complex task...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.