Options

Unable to install Navision Financials

bardpedersenbardpedersen Member Posts: 3
edited 2004-04-23 in Navision Financials
I am trying to install Navision Server 2.6 on an new server we have baught, i have installed navision server on other computer and it will work just fine. But when i try to install on this computer, doesnt mather if i am using 2003 or Windows 2000 Server, get the same error messages.
The error i get is that i do not have the right privileges to start the navision service, so after abit of testing i try to run the CPUMON.EXE in the navision directory, after i have run that the installation continues and installs.
But its unable to start the service since the computer needs the cpumon to be able to launch the navision service.
The strange thing is that it works on other computers just not our new intel server.

When i try to run it manually from dos prompt i get the message: The operating system returned error code 87.

Can anyone help me out?..

Regards
Bård Pedersen
Best-Buy as

Comments

• Options
    DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
    do you have correct license file in server directory?
    Martin Bokůvka, AxiomProvis
  • Options
    bardpedersenbardpedersen Member Posts: 3
    Yes, i point to the license file under custom installation. I choose paths both for the license and the database file.
  • Options
    cweegecweege Member Posts: 10
    Please tell us the cache-size that you give the Navision service
  • Options
    GoMaDGoMaD Member Posts: 313
    try this in the command prompt and then tell us what it says

Open the command prompt, browse to the folder where your navision server is installed, verify if there is a valid fin.flf in this directory.

Type the following command (where XXX is the path and name of your DB):
    server servername=TRYOUT,Database=XXX,cache=100000,nettype=TCP

In regard of the error code you mention:
    follow this link:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/debug/base/system_error_codes__0-499_.asp

CPUMON.EXE is not critical, it can be renamed or deleted. And the Navision Server will still work.
    Now, let's see what we can see.
    Everybody on-line.
    Looking good!