How do I compare a database date field with a date input?

vinodalathvinodalath Member Posts: 14
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me on how to compare a database date field with a date input from a text box?

In my custom form, I have two text boxes. My aim is to provide the user with an option of seaching the comment line table - filter by user name / alert date (where user name and alert date are two custom fields).

I'm trying to run an if loop so that helps the user to filter the records - by name, by alert date, by name & alert date.

Thanks,

Vinod

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And what is the problem? You just set the filter and you are done... may be I do not understand what you are describing...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    vinodalath wrote:
    Hi,

Can anyone please tell me on how to compare a database date field with a date input from a text box?

In my custom form, I have two text boxes. My aim is to provide the user with an option of seaching the comment line table - filter by user name / alert date (where user name and alert date are two custom fields).

I'm trying to run an if loop so that helps the user to filter the records - by name, by alert date, by name & alert date.

Thanks,

Vinod

Have you tried [F7] yet? ](*,)
    David Singleton