Advance Payment...

SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
Hi

Scenario is, we Purch. Order from other Country...then..we will be advance payment that, Purch Order...Although the Shipment is only on the way, to us....and that Purch Order, is not Posted...we will just Post that Purch. Order...when the Actual shipment is delivered..any suggestion how to do that...in NAV...hoping for your reply..TY :D

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Make it more clear, because whatever I got from your text is the default functionality of nav.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
    Its Advance payment to Vendor...will pay the PO in Advance.. but the PO is still not Posted Because the Shipmet is not yet arrived to us...but we pay it in advance....is there a way in NAV that to applied the Amount although the transaction is not Posted...hoping for your reply
  • sendohsendoh Member Posts: 207
    what version are you using? in NAV 5 it can be done thru prepayment.
    Sendoh
    be smart before being a clever.
  • SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
    ah..but we are using NAV 4 sp3...so I must Update the our database...to NAV 5, just to use that process..or any suggestion you can give me...or work around..in that process for NAV 4 sp3... :D hoping for your reply..ty
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    You cannot apply a payment to any purchase order unposted.
    But I dont understand why you want to apply is to PO.

Just make an advance payment entry. It will show the overdue amount in vendors ledger.
    Then after posting the order, apply the entry to the payment entry.
    Regards,

Deep
    India