"Applies-to Doc. No." not populated in "Cust.

twdavistwdavis Member Posts: 79
Client is complaining that in Nav. 5.0.1 the field "Applies-to Doc. No." is not being populated in the "Cust. Ledger Entry" table when the posted Sales Invoice Header and/or Sales Cr. Memo Header table field "Applies-to Doc. No." ispopulated.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I guess this sounds like a silly question but are they manually entering a number or are the selecting the proper Apply-To Doc Type and using the lookup to find an open Document No in Apply-to Doc No?

gotta get that question out of the way.
  • twdavistwdavis Member Posts: 79
    Client is doing the lookup and selecting the desired invoice or credit memo. I failed to mention that the "Applies-to Doc. TYPE" is populated with the corresponding type Invoice or Cr Memo.
    If i look at the posted Sales Invoice Header both fields "Applies-to Doc. No." and "Applies-to Doc. TYPE" are corrected populated.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from SQL General forum to Navision forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• twdavistwdavis Member Posts: 79
    another example of blank "Applies-to Doc. No.":
    when you create a credit memo via "copy document" of a posted invoice, and then post, the posted credit memo entry fields "Applies-to Doc. Type" and "Applies-to Doc. No." ARE POPULATED with the corresponding Invoice and Invoice number that the CM was applied to.

HOWEVER, if you look at the Cust. Ledger Entry for that CM transaction the field "Applies-to Doc. Type" IS POPULATED with Invoice, BUT the field "Applies-to Doc. No." is BLANK!!!!!

In prior versions the Cust. Ledger Entry "Applies-to Doc. Type" and "Applies-to Doc. No." fields were populated!

is this an oversite? what do i need to do to get them populated?
  • philipuskdphilipuskd Member Posts: 36
    Is there any explanation about this odd? when I press the F1 button on the Apply-to Doc. No. in the Vendor Ledger Entries (NAV 2009 R2, Classic), it says :

Applies-to Doc. No. Field
    The Vendor Ledger Entry Table

This field shows whether the entry was applied to an already-posted document when it was posted. It does this if the Applies-to Doc. Type and Applies-to Doc. No. fields are filled in before posting. If this is the case, the field shows the number of the document that was applied to.

The field can be filled in from the following fields:

If the entry was posted from a journal line, the number is copied from the Applies-to Doc. No. field on the journal line.

If the entry was posted from an order, invoice or credit memo, the number is copied from the Applies-to Doc. No. field on the purchase header.

But several transaction (payment journal and Invoice) that I've been posting, resulted the blank Applies-to Doc. No. field (not with the Applies-to Doc. Type)

Is there setting / reason for the Applies-to Doc. No. to be populated or not?
  • hg1311hg1311 Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone been able to figure this out? I would really like to figure out how to populate this field, it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

you would need to check if the OnLookup trigger of the sales header does the right thing. A good template can be found in T81, "Applies-to Doc. No.".

with best regards, HTH

Jens