[solved] Tables Purpose

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hi

What is the use of the table Item ledger entry ? For what type of transaction this table will get values ?
What is the use of table Item Amount( 268) , Customer Amount ( 266), Vendor Amount (267) ?

thanks
lally

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Item Ledger Entry - as name is signaling - each movement of item is saved in this table... for more see some base documentation or manual for NAV application...
    2) These tables are used just for buffering in some reports (for calculating sums, Top-10 customers report etc.)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    thanks Kine,

Sorry I had written something wrong. I want to about Item Budget entry. When this table will effect.
    For wha type of transactions.
    Please put some practical example.

Thanks and regards
    lally
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Lally,

Item budget entry table is used to store budgets for sales/purchases comparisions. It can be entered from Sales & Marketing -> Analysis & Reporting -> Budgets (or purchase).
    The table hold the data at the lowest factor and is summarised in the budget form e.g. ItemA 01/06/08 Qty 100, ItemA 08/06/08 Qty 200 will appear as Qty 300 in the view is by month.

It can be enter by item and also combined with customer/vendor/dimension.

Budget are normally used to compare to actual sales/purchases in Item analysis views.

Hope this helps.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Thanks Dave ,

I could understand the purpose of the table with u r explanation.
    lally