Qty. to Invoice (Base) = 0 and sales orders not posting

jelittlejohnjelittlejohn Member Posts: 61
I have a client who has been using Navision for about a year and a half. All seems to be going well but occasionally thaey get an order that will not post. I discovered that the problem was that "Qty. to Invoice (Base)" was set to 0 for a seemingly random line on the order. I have been working around thus far by resetting the value directly in the SQL tables, however, I haven't been able to get to the root of the issue. I have searched the forum and have already checked to see if there was an issue between my base and sales unit of measure. There was not. Their version of Navision is customized but there's nowhere that any customizations directly deal with "Qty. to Invoice (Base). If any of you have encountered this issue, any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack
Jack Littlejohn
Clemson, SC

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    So you can't recreate the problem?

Was the sales line Quantity onvalidate customized?

Does it still have this code?
    Qty. to Invoice (Base) - OnValidate()
    TESTFIELD("Qty. per Unit of Measure",1);
    VALIDATE("Qty. to Invoice","Qty. to Invoice (Base)");

Can it happen if someone changes the TYPE once the item has been entered?

Sounds like something isn't getting updated. You need to double check the mods. Or put some code that pop's up a message when the value is Zero - so you can find it as it's happening :-k
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Haven't noticed this problem before. I can almost bet that this is attributed to a customization somewhere.

The test you can do is try entering orders in a clean CRONUS database. If you cannot duplciate the problem, then you may have to check your code... :(
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The problem can be somewhere in posting codeunit, in the table code or in some process which is working with the order (automatic order creation - import from EDI etc.). Sometime developers forget about the base Unit of measure and are filling just the UoM quantities without validation...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I agree with Kamil, I have seen this with add-ons that have some odd code. UOM really does need to be done properly.

Jack are you runnign standard NAV, or do you have some add-ons, say eShip or somethign like that?
    David Singleton
  • jelittlejohnjelittlejohn Member Posts: 61
    I am running Navision SQL with some customizations. There are no add ons. I am going to try and drop in a warning message as suggested and see what I can learn from that. Thanks for you input.

Jack
    Jack Littlejohn
    Clemson, SC