Order promising

kcekce Member Posts: 4
When I run Order promising CTP on a order line with Item (Replenishment system =Prod. order). NAV dont count the BOM items leadtime.
Any suggestions how to solve this?

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    The BOM items are they manufactured or purchased? The CTP only works in one level so if the BOM items are manufactured the lead time isn't calculated. If the BOM items are purchased you need to mark the field critical under the planning tab on the item card in order to have the lead time for this items included in the CTP
    It is critical to now if a BOM Item can be assembled right away or if not when.
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    You use the production BOM for this right? not the assembly BOM? The items in the BOM are they purchased items or are the manufactured items that you manufacture to stock in order to assebly when you deliver?
    The BOMs are down to 5 levels. Some levels are just BOM items and some are purchased items. As I understand assembly BOM are intended for purchased items and don’t handle BOM in more than 1 level.
    The purpose whit the BOM is to easily manage versions. Since many of the lower BOM levels are used in many BOMs. No real manufacturing is made. The BOMs are printed for picking.