Table Locking

hugoistihugoisti Member Posts: 26
Hello, I'm having a table locking problem. I have a job witch runs every 15 minutes and post orders. Navision Users reports about table locking while they are working with order management.
is there any solution to this problem?, is this normal?.
thanks. best regards
Hugo

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    NAV DB or MS SQL DB?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • hugoistihugoisti Member Posts: 26
    NAV DB
    Ok.

1) You need to make the posting as fast as possible - it means check the hardware, mainly the HDDs
    2) You need to post the orders one by one in separate transactions with some small delay between (sleep) to let others do what they need...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    ok, thank you very much.

Hugo
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Also check if the commit-cache is enabled.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Thank you for the help, another thing, what if we start using SQL Server Option for Navision?, how could I prevent the locking issue?. thank in advance.

Hugo
    hugoisti wrote:
    Thank you for the help, another thing, what if we start using SQL Server Option for Navision?, how could I prevent the locking issue?. thank in advance.

Hugo

You cannot prevent locking (or you can but in most cases the locking have some purpose...), you can just optimize the system to have the locks as short period as possible which leads into situation that users do not know that there were some locking... :-) (e.g. when posting one order took just 2sec, nobody will register that his process waited 2 seconds because locking...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.