Business Notification: Field change based Notification Error

twm414twm414 Member Posts: 3
I've managed to configure BN to work perfectly with time based notifications, I run the worksheets and then the email arrives, all good.

The problem I'm having is with the field change based notifications. I've set one up for Production BOMs, however rather than sending an email I find this error in the event log?

Any suggestions?

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Business Notification
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 02/06/2008
Time: 09:12:33
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
Description:
Warning: EventsForClass2225e943_a031_4c84_ae1d_395ddda13f1b is unknown for this notification application.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Are you "firing" the event though NAV client or NAS (Application server)? Is this event log on the client PC or server PC (which server, DB or BN?)?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • twm414twm414 Member Posts: 3
    I am "firing" the event through the NAV client, I set up the notification, and subscribed the user to it. When I meake the change to the Production BOM I expected to see an email.

The error message comes from the server, which holds both NAV and BN databases.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check the BN Configurator if the event is in "Started"state...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • joe_bradshaw2000joe_bradshaw2000 Member Posts: 17
    I'm going to use XMLCancel as my example XML port that uses the record "CancelHead", a custom table that I added.

Define XMLCancel as an XML Port
    Make sure it has the event "Cancelled Order"

In the code, make XMLCancel a variable of type XML Port (CancelHead is a record variable of the same record type that XMLCancel uses at the first level)

CancelHead.GET("Document Type","No.");
    CancelHead.SETRECFILTER;
    XMLCancel.SETTABLEVIEW(CancelHead); //if you skip this, all the records get sent
    XMLCancel."Cancelled Order";

In the Business Notification Manager make sure that you have a notification that is going to use the "Cancelled Order" event from the XMLCancel XML port. Sometimes BN will display a notification as if it's ok even though it isn't. Usually you can stop and start the notification in the BN manager and if that is successful then the notification is ok. Sometimes the notification will fail to stop/start. You should delete the old one from the BN manager and then add a new one in if that happens.

Make sure that the settings in the Business Notification Setup are there. Make sure that the records in the Property Store table (9801) are there. I have:
    Key Value Encoded
    BN_MessageBusUrl_0 http://bnotify/BusinessNotificationMess ... rvice.asmx No
    BN_PublishRetryTime_0 10000 No

If you browse to the website there I think it gives you an error about an invalid request. It should not give you a 404.

In your IIS you should have the 2.x ASP (if I remember correctly)

Try following the steps in the Partnersource Knowledgebase article 927916: How to troubleshoot issues that may occur when you try to send e-mail messages in Business Notification in Microsoft Dynamics Navision 4.0. Obviously you need to substitute in your step of firing your notification from code instead of running it from the report. Keep in mind that your environment can be setup so that notifications from the report work while notifications fired from events in code do not. The problem is not necessarily within Navision in other words. You could be missing a patch, etc.