Problem in Firm Planned Production Order

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
I m doing the order planning from Firm Planned prod order form by pressing order button---->Planning then Planning worksheet will open then I am doing calculate plan by pressing the functions button---->Calculate plan.It is taking too much time bcoz it is searching all the Prod order compnents of all the prod. orders and all the BOM's.thats y its consuming too much time.I want to reduce the time bcoz my client doesnt want this.By the way while calculating Plan it should only see that prod order no. from where i m opening the Planning worksheet(i.e., from Firm Planned Production order)Suggest me that what i have to do to reduce the time if there any customization required then plzz tell me I will do that?plzz tell me in detail.
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    Just modify the Function "SetProdOrder" of form5522.
    Currently this function do set list of all production order.

Make a logic to set current production order only in this function.
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
    mahesh@reliconservices.com
  • vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    dear mahesh
    There is no improvement in Speed.It is taking the same time as erlerier
    Vikram Dabas
    Dear Mahesh
    In "SetProdorder" function in form 5522 the prod order is already set to the particular prod. order bcoz when I am select the planning by pressing the order button in "Firm Planned Prod. Order" there Rec is passed in SetProdorder function it means that particular prod order no. will be passed
    Vikram Dabas
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Vikram,

Be careful of what you are doing. The calculate plan takes all production orders into account for a reason i.e. The components maybe be used on more that one production and required earlier on a previous production order and if you filter to one production order then you may find that it will not suggest the correct purchase orders.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
    Its means that we cannt improve the speed
    Vikram Dabas
    Hi Vikram,

Not necessarily so, have you checked that your customer is setting the status to finished on released plan production orders when they are complete otherwise they will clog up the system and slow down the calculate plan.

Also you can discuss with your customer if planned and firm planned production order should be taken into account and adjust code unit 5520 Get Unplanned Demand accordingly - but again I advise caution and testing on amendment to make sure it's what the customer needed.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    Hi DaveT
    When I m doing the Calculate plan in Planning worksheet then what type of production orders it will calculate.my client wants it should be done from Firm planned production order.
    Vikram Dabas
    Hi Vikram,

Planned, Firm Planned and Released
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    I have done customization in Code unit 5520 and set filter to prodordercomp in Status field to "Firm Planned Production order" if i will put this coding in my live DB then there will be any problem in future.After that i will also make Purchase order.Please confirm whether customization will help me to reduce the timings.
    Vikram Dabas
    Hi Vikram,

Firm planned only :? - should you not include released also ?

Take a common component and work this through with the customer to make sure they understand the impact. Without knowing the customer it's hard to say if the modification will suit them

Hope it goes well for you.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    If I will set the filter on Firm Planned as well as on Released status then again it will take too much time,which I dont want.I have set the filter on Firm Planned Production order bcoz I m doing order planning from Firm Planned production order.Suggest me If I will put the filter on Firm Planned Production order then there will be no Problem in future for making Purchase order and all other things related to Order planning.
    Vikram Dabas
    Hi Vickram,

The problem I see is that if you ignore released production order then what happens to the requirment for these orders?
    It is not a simple answer as I don't know if your using reservations, forward flushing, etc

but an example:

Item A is a component in released production order qty 100 and in firmed plan order qty 50
    if there is 110 in stock then without minimums etc it should suggest 40 ie 150 less 110.

If you ignore the released then the stock 110 > 70 so no order.

I have not made this mod before - only to exclude planned so you will have to test it and please involve the customer as their input and awareness of the issues is important.

There are so many other parameters to this, it is very hard to give a definate answer but you should be able to test in your test DB if you've taken a copy of the customer data.

Hope this helps - if not look at cleaing up the production orders by finishing off as mush as possible.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons